Create your own PE DVD Cover art!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Next up....

I made this not as much for a dvd cover
(notice the absence of text!)
but perhaps an insert to reveal the extra's or something :lol:

The thingies around our ''lovebirds'', as well as the circle that surrounds them symbolize an ice-crystal flowing in snow

Hope y'all like it :wink:
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

I like it, better than the official 2 disc cover....
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

One of my favorite movies!

Still not quite happy with it though!
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Custom Covers for Disney DVDs!

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, I love it! It's your best one yet! Though, it looks more like a boxset than one DVD. It may be because the cover's more square looking. But boxset covers are often cooler and more original than the DVD covers. I'd say it just needs Mickey. On his mountain or craig or platform or whatever it is, doing his magic with the water or stars, way in the back behind that giant iceburg or whatever it is in the water. It fits to have a background with water. As some people said on here, this film has water, water, water!

OR on the left side, opposite the conductor, stick someone/something in. But I wouldn't do Mickey, he's like the star, he can't be on the side. But that side does look bear except for what looks like a bird.

OR you can try Mickey behind the burg AND someone on the side.

But seriously, what a good concept and composition, it looks like everyone's heading towards the center. And it looks so good.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Re: Custom Covers for Disney DVDs!

Post by REINIER »

Disney Duster wrote:Wow, I love it! It's your best one yet! Though, it looks more like a boxset than one DVD. It may be because the cover's more square looking. But boxset covers are often cooler and more original than the DVD covers. I'd say it just needs Mickey. On his mountain or craig or platform or whatever it is, doing his magic with the water or stars, way in the back behind that giant iceburg or whatever it is in the water. It fits to have a background with water. As some people said on here, this film has water, water, water!

OR on the left side, opposite the conductor, stick someone/something in. But I wouldn't do Mickey, he's like the star, he can't be on the side. But that side does look bear except for what looks like a bird.

OR you can try Mickey behind the burg AND someone on the side.

But seriously, what a good concept and composition, it looks like everyone's heading towards the center. And it looks so good.
Thanks ever so much for the kind words, I'll try to put micky in then :D
I like the firebird, had to put it in there :lol:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Hope you like it :wink:
Disney Duster

Custom Covers for Disney DVDs!

Post by Disney Duster »

I do like it! Way to go, you found the perfect sizes and put them in perfectly! Just asking, is the butterfly segment completely seperate from the others on the cover?

To be honest, there is something more appealing about the emptyness of the original cover, but I like seeing Mickey and feeling you put in all you could without crowding it.

To be honest, I think the main problem was actually the iceburg being on the side and leaving a big blue chunk next to it. There's two segments on the top and now four segments on the bottom, so maybe that looks awkward. But fitting in all the segments you could makes it feel complete, and doing such a good job, it's hard to imagine something better.

When I look at it without comparing it to the first one, I just think, "Wow!" It does look impressive.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Thanks again, you're right it's a little too much, now mickey I like, thanks for the great input :wink:

Here's another....

This was definitely a tough nut to crack...
(notice the joke there :lol: /lame I know :D )

But seriously, lighting was everything here!
To create the right light on the horses (ooyvay! :o )
I wanted to cram as much figures as possible, maby too much :)

Hope you'll enjoy!

REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I like seeing them side by side :D

Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

I'm about... two pages behind, but I just wanted to thank Steve for his amazing tutorial, and although this is just practice, I do want to try it out on some other characters in the future.

I don't have a Wacom graphics tablet (for obvious reason), but I think I managed pretty okay for a first try. I had to sorta improvise, though- when I would use my mouse to draw the lines, it would come out so... lumpy (still visible in her right hand & chin), so I came up with an alternate method. I also had some trouble with the "emboss" look, so her hair looks a little... weird in some places. My favorite part of this one was her seashells, they were really easy to trace, and I think I got the colors right.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to hear any thoughts or constructive criticism on this piece, since (like I said) it's my first try, and I really want to make some for other films. However, if it's too off topic (which is understandable) then I won't mind. ;)

Of course, mines doesn't even compare to the Steve's work, or the original sketch (which I think is SO beautiful), but... it was still fun, considering it took six hours.

Back on topic, Reiner- I love the two you made of The Legend of Tarzan and Lilo and Stitch! I'm not sure what you did with it, since I'm not familiar with the original pictures, but the borders are really awesome, and overall- the layout is great. Nice job, and probably your best work, IMHO.
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

That's amazing Vermin Friends! It's awesome that you were able to use the tutorial and use it successfully! I wish I has photoshop so I could try that!
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Vermin Friends wrote: Back on topic, Reiner- I love the two you made of The Legend of Tarzan and Lilo and Stitch! I'm not sure what you did with it, since I'm not familiar with the original pictures, but the borders are really awesome, and overall- the layout is great. Nice job, and probably your best work, IMHO.
Thanx!! Love yours as well!!!!Wish I could do it like that, someday I'll give it a go :lol: The Stitch one was a lot of work, I made most of it from scratch, borders I ripped of a cd-rom cover and adjusted them slightly :lol:
With Tarzan it was just bordering :D
Disney Duster wrote:I do like it! Way to go, you found the perfect sizes and put them in perfectly! Just asking, is the butterfly segment completely seperate from the others on the cover?

:oops: rude of me not to answer :oops:

Yeah, it kinda is :lol:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Here's just a possible visual, not much to go on really
Just release this already :x !!!

supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

ow! Nice!
But I'm afraid I don't know the movie.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

supertalies wrote:ow! Nice!
But I'm afraid I don't know the movie.
NO shame in that :lol: Check out the trailer on Youtube,
it's a long-delayed project between Salvador Dali & Disney, just recently completed :wink:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Now here's something I haven't done before...
To create own material from disney-concept art, hope y'all like it :wink:

REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Another one :D

In my version she's got those squinty fisheyes going on :lol:
Will be working on that later :D
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

your good!
Except you don't have to colour it, the original sketches are really beautiful!
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I really like the Ursula concept art one! Having seen that picture before, I liked seeing it in color and shading with a background!
Disney Duster

Custom Covers for Disney DVDs

Post by Disney Duster »

Reiner, Fantasia's cover's good, except...you cannot use the mirror from Snow White! You can never use something that doesn't come from the movie you're making a cover of! I also really like the Destino cover except the bottom banner, and well, the lack of a good background.

Did you make your sketches colored with the Photoshop tutorial steve gave?