Walt Disney Treasures Wave 6 DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

Why do you guys even purchase these online? I can understand you purchasing an out or print one online, but an in print, I don't get it. Unfortunately for many of you the web is the only alternative since many of you are from other countries. But there really is no reason for an Americans to buy online, Like Pluto Region 1 says buy your dvd's at the stores to save yourself some aggravation.
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

Beastboyravenz wrote:Why do you guys even purchase these online? I can understand you purchasing an out or print one online, but an in print, I don't get it. Unfortunately for many of you the web is the only alternative since many of you are from other countries. But there really is no reason for an Americans to buy online, Like Pluto Region 1 says buy your dvd's at the stores to save yourself some aggravation.
Well some of these folks might be in small towns where they don't have very many places they can go to find the tins, or they might live so far out of the way of civilization that it is way easier to buy on line, or they might not have access to transportation to go from store to store, or they might be trying to support the site by buying online and didn't realize that Amazon dented the tins. Yet another reason could be with such a low print run on these tins, it is possible that not EVERY store in the country even got them - they might only have been distributed to stores in big cities.... Could be a lot of reasons, when you think about it. :D
Pluto Region1, Disney fan in training
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

I guess, even if I did live out of civilization I would go through all the trouble just to obtain these. Thank goodness for me I don't live in the middle of nowhere.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

I'm very happy!

In case you haven't seen the front page:
Meanwhile, Leonard Maltin has also passed along to us some certain and positive news regarding the recently-released Treasures 'toon collection More Silly Symphonies. Walt Disney Home Video is preparing replacement discs for the set, which will correct three shortcomings free of charge. Due to an oversight, the volume lacked the main titles that were recreated to replace the originals discarded over fifty years ago. In addition, the wrong master elements were used on some color shorts and seconds of footage long cut from 1933's The Night Before Christmas have been located. Only the two discs (not the packaging) will be replaced and they likely won't be ready until March. We'll let you know how to proceed when they are.
Nandor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Nandor »

I'm not that happy yet, since I live in Europe and have no idea wether I'll be able to get the replacements discs...
Also, does anyone know how to get replacements if you live in Europe? I've bought the MSS set and would like to replace it (well, dûh). Any ideas on how to go about that?
Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi hapana.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Nandor wrote:I'm not that happy yet, since I live in Europe and have no idea wether I'll be able to get the replacements discs...
Also, does anyone know how to get replacements if you live in Europe? I've bought the MSS set and would like to replace it (well, dûh). Any ideas on how to go about that?
Well I live in Europe and they've always sent me replacements. I'd wait until there are further details (around March by the looks of it), then just call the helpline.

The only word of caution is that the helpline is only free within the US and Canada, there will be a charge from other countries.