Walt Disney Treasures Wave 6 DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

I know this is porbably really dumb of me to ask, but is there a site where we can find out which region 1 tins have already been purchased? To see which numbers are still available?
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

I don't know, but it would surprise me quite a bit!
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

It would be good if once someone purchases a copy the number of that copy would automatically be cleared. But thinking about it what if then that same copy gets sold, it's too complicated so I highly doubt there is such a site, but if there was it would certainly help prevent bootlegs from being made. It's funny I sort of just answered my own question.

Is it even possible to reproduce a copy? I mean a seller can fool you by putting a authentic pic anf then sends you a fake. Has anybody ever gotten a fake?
Tolhurst
Limited Issue

Post by Tolhurst »

I doubt you would have more than 5% participation of treasures owners
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

Oh, I'm not trying to start a list of numbers, I just think that it would be interesting. Either way it wouldn't work because people might wanna resell their copies in the future and that would just mess everything up.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

After all, people are listing their numbers in another thread on this forum - I guess that's the closest you get.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I bought the "Complete Pluto - Vol. 2" on DVD today at Best Buy. It has more Pluto cartoons from 1947 to 1951. Some with Mickey on it. Great stuff. I love Pluto. I have Vol. 1 with the Pluto cartoons from 1930-1947. I love to watch these two volumes spanning Pluto's career. I'm a Pluto fan, but it's fun to watch.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I didn't think the Hardy Boys tin would sell well seing as Spin and Marty is usually in abundance in every store, but I was at Target yesterday and they were out of Hardy Boys, had 1 copy of Your Host, Walt Disney left, 2 of More Silly Symphonies, and 3 of Pluto, which I expected would sell the best due to his recognizability. Anybody else seing a similar trend in their stores?
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

The target in baton rouge wasn't even selling The Hardy Boys, they had the other 3, but no Hardy Boys :( .
Beastboyravenz
Special Edition

Post by Beastboyravenz »

Does anybody's dvd's have little hairs on them, an dust? Mine came like that, and I have a cleaner so I cleaned it and now it has light scratches that you can only see in a super bright light. It pisses me off that me " the perfectionist" scratched my own dvd. And what's worse is the stupid hairs are still there, they're not human hair it's lint I think. I'm just plain mad!

Are any of you gonna buy an extra cipoy to sell? I used to do that, but didn't this time.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Ichabod is not a happy bunny!

Why is that you ask?

It's because 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' has been Image!

:(
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

I bought the silly symphones 2 set. Anyone know when best buy sells out of treasures?
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Well, Best Buys typically have treasures left from the previous 2 waves, however this years wave has a very low edition size (65,000 each) so I would estimate that by next Christmas you will have difficulty finding a copy of "More Silly Symphonies" for sure, and possibly the rest of this years wave.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

I just bought Region 2 Mickey Mouse in Living Color 1 & 2 and Chronological Donald and my first region 1 tin :D Chronological Donald Vol. 2, I decided to get that because it will probably be gone before More Silly Symphonies and Pluto Vol. 2
Farid
Limited Issue

Post by Farid »

goofystitch wrote:Well, Best Buys typically have treasures left from the previous 2 waves, however this years wave has a very low edition size (65,000 each) so I would estimate that by next Christmas you will have difficulty finding a copy of "More Silly Symphonies" for sure, and possibly the rest of this years wave.
I think Wave 6 will be gone in 8-10 months.
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

Got my shipment from amazon. Damn, the SS set came with a few dents here and there :(

Dunno if it's worth spending money to ship it back for an exchange.
Douglas Fir

Post by Douglas Fir »

I finally received my new Treasure tins from Amazon this morning! I now have a full set of all 22 Treasures - that's 44 discs of awesome Disney stuff!

I bought most of them as they came out and only missed the first few waves which were easy to pick up on eBay at the time. I think my most expensive one was the Complete Goofy but as he's my favorite character I didn't mind paying more for it and I certainly paid less than it goes for these days!

I was kinda dissapointed that they didn't fix the "10th Anniversary" Disneyland episode for this new Treasures wave but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it!

So now I'm wondering if it's worth picking up the Legacy Collection DVD's? I'm more interested in animation than live-action stuff but I have enjoyed the live-action stuff presented in the Treasures thus far.

Is it true that Destino and the Oswald shorts will be released as part of the Legacy Collection? Also what kind of case do the Legacy DVDs come in - standard amaray cases or slightly wider ones like the Treasures?
UrsushH.Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by UrsushH.Bear »

Check out the reviews for the Legacy- True-Life Adventures- there is an explanation of the tins and packaging. Also, it is true (via the wonderful search options on this site, you can find information available about the Legacy line, and even a direct link to the official web page.

You've again brought up an issue I haven't found the answer to. The 10th anniversary show is complete according to run time. The Tiki sequence is not an all inclusive from the attraction- did this episode run longer than other Disneyland episodes?

Congrats on your collection.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Well I emailed BVHE about the glitch during 'More Kittens' and the fact that 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' is edited and there response was:
Thank you for the e-mail regarding a Walt Disney Treasures title. We value your
interest in Walt Disney Home Entertainment Movies.

We are concerned about your inquiry and would like an opportunity to address
this issue with greater detail.

Please contact us at (800) 723-4763 (Canada: 888 877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and
Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Home Entertainment Consumer Relations

US and Canada
Now since I'm in the UK it would cost me a fortune to call. But it's free for US/Canada residents to call them so has anybody called them? Will anyone get off their fat asses and go and call them?
Tannerman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tannerman »

UrsushH.Bear wrote:The Tiki sequence is not an all inclusive from the attraction- did this episode run longer than other Disneyland episodes?
When this came out in Wave 1, I was able to do some comparisons with someone who had the show on VHS from a Disney Channel airing. I'm not sure this answers your question, but here's the breakdown of the two versions...

BROADCAST VERSION
1. Introduction by Walt - 0:53
2. Behind the Scenes Tour by Jose - 1:50
3. Introduction/Dialogue - 0:55
4. "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" - 0:38
5. Enchanted Fountain/"Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing" - 2:40
6. "Aloha to You" - 1:30
7. "Hawaiian War Chant" - 1:50
8. Dialogue/Finale - 0:30
TOTAL SEGMENT TIME: 10:46

DVD VERSION
1. Introduction by Walt - 0:53 (00:35:40 - 00:36:33)
2. Behind the Scenes Tour by Jose - 1:50 (00:36:34 - 00:38:24)
3. Introduction/Dialogue - 0:55 (00:38:25 - 00:39:20)
4. "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" - 0:38 (00:39:21 - 00:39:59)
5. Storm/Enchanted Fountain/Finale - 0:35 (00:40:00 - 00:40:35)
TOTAL SEGMENT TIME: 4:51
Walt Disney Treasures - Custom Disney DVD Inserts