Disneymania thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I think "So This Is Love" will be great. It seems to fit the Cheetahs.
:pan: Love It.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

that would be nice, honestly i like their dance like tunes, but that is a good choice
Disneyfreak1990
Special Edition

Post by Disneyfreak1990 »

i hope that isn't the real cover because i want the cover to stay the same not get a new look that is so bland.
my thoughts on this 'official' list:
Miley Cyrus/ Part of Your World, might be interesting but that song has been done what two or three times already, that's just overkill.
Corbin Bleu/ Two Worlds, didn't expect this one so it might be good.
Cheetah Girls/ So This Is Love, really didn't expect this song since it's not as well known as Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo and my hopes are up since the CG has had my favorites on the CDS.
Jonas Brothers/ I Wan'na Be Like You, they should've stuck with their Little Mermaid song since i didn't like Bowling For Soup's version.
Jordan Pruitt/ When She Loved Me, didn't expect this hope it's good.
Ashley Tisdale/ Kiss The Girl, loved this song.
T-Squad/ Second Star To The Right, might be good since i like this song.
Hayden Panettiere/ Cruella De Vil, she should do something else since that song has already been done twice.
Vanessa Hudgens/ Colors Of The Wind, like the way she sings but this song has already been done beautifully by Ashanti and poorly by Christy so i'm afraid of this one at the moment.
Lucas Grabeel/ Go The Distance, i'm scared of this since the only song i've heard him do is on High School Musical.
B5/ Siamese Cat Song, there's no way a rap can get the same feeling unless it was done by Orlando Brown.
Everlife/ Reflection, i expected them to do another Phil Collins since that's all they've been doing and Reflection has been done twice so i'm not ready for this.
Go-Go's/ Let's Get Together, now this is interesting since this is a good song, but i'm not sure since i've not heard of these guys to judge the singing and style.
Keke Palmer/ True To Your Heart, Raven did this so perfectly it makes me wonder how it'll be done now.
Crew Seeley/ Find Yourself, didn't expect anything from Cars to be here, also don't know this guy eatheir so not sure of style.

all in all it's got overkill like 3 but not in songs but in singers. it's got to much High School Musical and i love it much not that much.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Disneyfreak1990 wrote: T-Squad/ Second Star To The Right, might be good since i like this song.
Lucas Grabeel/ Go The Distance, i'm scared of this since the only song i've heard him do is on High School Musical.
B5/ Siamese Cat Song, there's no way a rap can get the same feeling unless it was done by Orlando Brown.
Everlife/ Reflection, i expected them to do another Phil Collins since that's all they've been doing and Reflection has been done twice so i'm not ready for this.
Crew Seeley/ Find Yourself, didn't expect anything from Cars to be here, also don't know this guy eatheir so not sure of style.
T-Squad will murder that song. And not in a good way.
Rap is not good. Ever. Especially from Orlando. He should be shunned for that atrocious rendition of "Super Cali."
Lucas Grabeel is pretty okay. His music isn't anything special, but its okay. He sings "You Know I Will" for Fox & The Hound 2.
Reflection has only been done once. By Christina Aguilera. They remixed it for DM4. Everlife will do well.
Drew Seeley is also pretty good. He's the singing voice of Troy in HSM. He also sings "Dance With Me" for the Cheetah Girls 2. But I didn't expect anything from Cars either.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

i wanted raven.... T-squad didn't do good for the song, hate B5, but at least ally and aj aren't there.
Last edited by rs_milo_whatever on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Raven would have been welcome in my book.
Aly AJ aren't given enough credit. They're really good.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

i like Rush, but they're just another disney star attempt to me, they're way overated, sorry, just my opinion, may be its personal because they cut into raven's golden age, before they came raven did everything on disney channel, now we don't see her.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Well, to be fair, we don't see Aly or AJ, either...
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

don't worry they ARE getting a new alum, that means being in disney sountracks and at least one video on disney channel
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

That tracklisting looks good, looking forward to all the HSM stars, The Cheetah Girls (interesting choice for them), and Hayden Paniterre. Hayden should do a good version of it. Sucks that Jesse McCartney, Raven and Aly & AJ aren't it, but don't think that Jesses that good anyway, and both Raven and Aly and AJ are working on new albums. After "Into The Rush" going gold, they're working on the new songs for their third album, following the seasonal fave "Acoustic Hearts of Winter" and Raven is looking to burst into the mainstream public with her fourth album, following the popular among tweens and teens "This Is My Time". Considering her fan base, it should be quite popular, as she's moving into mainstream films as well.
Oh and thanks rs_milo_whatever for the info on Raven sources for her movies. Thanks for that. :)
-James
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

no problem, i love raven it would be a sin to keep quiet.

could go the distance by lucas gabreel mean that the'll make a video for the disney channel to promote the 10th anniversary edition for hercules. :wink:

i hope so.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:no problem, i love raven it would be a sin to keep quiet.

could go the distance by lucas gabreel mean that the'll make a video for the disney channel to promote the 10th anniversary edition for hercules. :wink:

i hope so.
Mmm, that's definitely a possibility for Disney. I mean with High School Musical so hot right now, and Lucas Gabreel pretty popular, then making a quick vid of him, and releasing a DVD of Hercules would be a great coup for Disney. It's only fair to release a 10th annversary of such a great film.
-James
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

look what i found on disney shop:

the description said it was in honor of hercules's 10th anniversary.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:look what i found on disney shop:

Cool. To bad there isn't a DVD isn honor of Hercules's 10 Anniversary.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

UmbrellaFish wrote:
rs_milo_whatever wrote:look what i found on disney shop:

Cool. Too bad there isn't a DVD in honor of Hercules's 10 Anniversary.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

yeah i know, i was just thinking that there are signs that there will be.

-lucas gabreel singing go the distance
-the snowglobe
-the 10th anniversary

the only sign missing is disney taking disney of the in-print list.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Temporay Offical Site

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Disney Records has updated their site,

http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/Song ... 07Sampler/

It's a player of all the spring cds, for DM 5 we have samples for Cheetah Girls, So This Is Love in Eng./Spanish (which really is quite interesting) Jonas Bros, rock King Louie's temple with a worthy twist on I Wan'na Be Like You, even the beat is true to Louis Prima's band. then Ashley Tisdale's Kiss The Girl is actualy lifted from Lil Mermaid's Special Editon Soundtrack... "Be Like You" stops right as the boys get into the main lyric. So far this sounds like we got some intresting spins on these songs, especialy Cheetahs Girls's So This Is Love.

Write back please

Sign Mason
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

thanx for the link!!! i like'em

i think they should have the song in spanish, or do 2, you know, but i love it, i really don't think adienne bailon speaks spanish but oh well.
Disneyfreak1990
Special Edition

Post by Disneyfreak1990 »

i heard T-squad's version on PPPE and loved it :D
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Disneyfreak1990 wrote:i heard T-squad's version on PPPE and loved it :D
shhh! Disney might hear you!!!
Last edited by rs_milo_whatever on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.