Robin Hood VHS question... please help!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Logoliker2004
Limited Issue

Robin Hood VHS question... please help!

Post by Logoliker2004 »

I need a lot of help on this thing here. Since "Robin Hood" (the Disney version with the animals from 1973) is coming to DVD soon, I have a huge question.

This regards to the 1991 "Walt Disney Classics" VHS edition of the movie. The version I know that is the most common starts off with red FBI warnings, the 1986 Walt Disney Home Video "Sorcerer Mickey" logo, and then previews for "The Jungle Book" and "The Rescuers Down Under," and then a shortened version of the 1988 Walt Disney Classics logo (with Mickey cut off, not unlike the WDHV logo sometimes), and then the film starts. My friend has this version.

But MY copy is quite different. It has the exact same cover art and label, but the tape master is different! It has the green FBI warnings, and then the FULL 1988 Disney Classics logo (the first version seen on "Cinderella," plus Mickey is intact), and then the film starts.

This puzzles me a lot. My copy appears to be an official Walt Disney Home Video release. Plus, I believe my version is more rare.

Can anyone help me on this?
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

What's your question??? You didn't really mention one....
:pan: Love It.
Logoliker2004
Limited Issue

Post by Logoliker2004 »

My question means is there anyone else that has a copy of "Robin Hood" (the 1991 Classic edition) like mine? (To repeat, it has NO previews, green FBI cards, and the FULL Disney Classics logo at the beginning.)

Plus, why were there two versions anyway?
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

This is sheer speculation, but are either of them former rentals? I can't think of any recall, and am not sure why two different releases would happen in the same year. This sounds like an "Ask Dave" question from the Disney Magazine.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

Logoliker2004
Limited Issue

Post by Logoliker2004 »

Nope. They are not former rentals.