Walt Disney Cartoon Classics Intro

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Walt Disney Cartoon Classics Intro

Post by musicradio77 »

Before the "Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites" and the "Walt Disney Treasures" DVD's, it was "Walt Disney Cartoon Classics". I remember the "Cartoon Classics" series since it was on VHS at the time before DVD's. I have two video tapes featuring "Here's Pluto!" and "Starring Pluto & Fifi". This series starts with an intro. It featured clips from numerous Disney cartoons that fits the rendition of the Humphrey the Bear opening theme. I remember that Humphrey intro used in "Hooked Bear" and "In the Bag". If you haven't seen that opening before, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c93bGmboz4
Logoliker2004
Limited Issue

Post by Logoliker2004 »

COOL! I have a friend of mine with several of these "Cartoon Classic" tapes... he also has a "Special Edition" print ("Fun on the Job") where the intro has Goofy's head on the logo instead of Mickey! I also remember the Fantasia Mickey "Walt Disney Home Video" logo coming before this intro, too!
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

Blimey.

I remember seeing a shorter version of that intro for the Australian version of these videos

Good find.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

That also appears on a number of laserdiscs. In those cases I guess the material on the LDs is identical to that of the VHS releases.