Meet the Trailer

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

I haven't seen Chicken Little, and I have yet to decide if it's worth a rental. THIS, on the other hand, looks awesome and I'll definitely see it!
From what I understand, though, the film's (Meet the Robinsons) middle act is a mess, which is why the release date was changed
Better a later release with a tight storyline than a messy one sooner.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Finchx0rz wrote:Better a later release with a tight storyline than a messy one sooner.
Too bad the same couldn't have happened for Chicken Little, which was bumped from its June 2005 release to November 2005. Don't get me wrong, Chicken Little was a wonderful film, but it could have done with a few storyline tweaks itself (my only main gripe is why oh why did they have to subject us to SPICE GIRLS again???).

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Escapay wrote:
Finchx0rz wrote:Better a later release with a tight storyline than a messy one sooner.
Too bad the same couldn't have happened for Chicken Little, which was bumped from its June 2005 release to November 2005. Don't get me wrong, Chicken Little was a wonderful film, but it could have done with a few storyline tweaks itself (my only main gripe is why oh why did they have to subject us to SPICE GIRLS again???).

Escapay
I thought the SPICE GIRLS song was quite funny actually! It was probably the best part of the film, at least to me.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Mushu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mushu »

Wow! As good as the movie was when I saw it last year, it looks even cooler now. I don't know why they might change the middle section. I remember how i was totally hooked from beginning to end.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

TheSequelofDisney wrote:
Escapay wrote: Too bad the same couldn't have happened for Chicken Little, which was bumped from its June 2005 release to November 2005. Don't get me wrong, Chicken Little was a wonderful film, but it could have done with a few storyline tweaks itself (my only main gripe is why oh why did they have to subject us to SPICE GIRLS again???).

Escapay
I thought the SPICE GIRLS song was quite funny actually! It was probably the best part of the film, at least to me.
It was totally unnecessary, IMO. If they were gonna karaoke to something that's "out there", they could have at least made it tie more to the movie. Maybe have them do karaoke to "One Little Slip"...

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

There's an interview with Angela Bassett that includes info on Meet The Robinsons here:

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060414/featu ... news.shtml
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
stlewis75
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stlewis75 »

They pushed back the release date because they're re-considering some story elements, or so I've heard. If it's going to help the movie to wait a while, I'm all for it. The trailer looks nice. The bowler hat guy is awesome!
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

Meet the (possible) spoiler:

Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

KinOO wrote:Meet the (possible) spoiler:
I don't see how it can really be a spoiler! That picture could have many meanings.

Trying to knock anything that isn't Pixar huh KinOO. :headshake: :wink:
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Escapay wrote:
TheSequelofDisney wrote: I thought the SPICE GIRLS song was quite funny actually! It was probably the best part of the film, at least to me.
It was totally unnecessary, IMO. If they were gonna karaoke to something that's "out there", they could have at least made it tie more to the movie. Maybe have them do karaoke to "One Little Slip"...

Escapay
I guess that would make more sense, huh? Anyway...........................
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

Post by Hogi Bear »

Update with High Definition versions of the trailer (direct downloads):

http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/m ... _h480p.mov (480p - 15.9 MB)
http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/m ... _h720p.mov (720p - 38.7 MB)
http://images.apple.com/movies/disney/m ... h1080p.mov (1080p - 59 MB)

Interesting trailer. The old man reminds me of Geri.
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Hows that a spoiler KinOO?
Or am i just being dumb? :lol:
hiiiii
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

*Andy* wrote:Hows that a spoiler KinOO?
Or am i just being dumb? :lol:
Clues:
-Hardcore spiked blonde hair
-Glasses

Spoiler:
-Lab coat
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I HATE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PUT MORE WARNING NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That done...

:D Frio Frijoles! The trailer was awesome! I really liked the Todayland part, lol, and they used the old version of Astro Orbiter. I can't believe we have to wait a year for this to come out.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Pardon my lateness here, but this looks awesome! As soon as I got done watching it, I thought "Looks wierd......I like it!" The evil guy looks cool. It's going to be a long wait for this movie. I can only assume it's going to do well, as its being advertised almost a year before it arrives in theaters. My one question though, on the High School Musical DVD, why is some of the animation not completed? The part where the old guy says "Help me find my teeth!" isn't finished on the DVD, but finished on the website. Eitherway, I cannot wait for this!