The Little Mermaid: Platinum Edition cover revealed!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Do you like the cover art?

LOVE IT!!
68%
EWW..HATE IT!!
6%
UHH..NEEDS SOME WORK!!
26%

Total votes: 106

MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

TLM: PE COVER REVEALED!!

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

Wow, is all I have to say, it is awesome looking!!! I can't wait for 2 weeks so I can get my hands on LATT to see it even in a better quality. So do you guys like the cover art??
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

That is one amazing cover art! I like the ship on the top right and Flounder and Sebastian being under the logo. It's good how they did the King Triton and Ursula on opposite sides like the VHS one they recalled.

These new covers are weird though (in a good way), it's like they bring a whole new side to these movies. Like how they remake the cover, but it's the same movie and that gives a weird feeling. I don't know, it's hard to explain what I'm thinking.

Edit: I know the cover is kiddish, but I like how they try and show how Ariel is between two worlds: above and below water. Also, it goes along with "Under the Sea" and how everything seems to happy down there.

PS. They should get rid of the baton Sebastian has in his hands (from what I can see).

Let's hope they don't make the slipcover embossed for the sake of Disney recalling the slipcovers and maybe even the dvds if they make Ariel embossed. :roll:
Last edited by magicalwands on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.

One of Disney best DVD artwork ever!!!!
It looks kind of like the VHS version of the artwork.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Oh so that's the trend/pattern now with PE releases. The main character is smack in the middle above the "logo title" with the little characters at the bottom.

I like it. ^_^
I can't wait for the review. I've been seeing so much of the LI at Game Stops here, & I'm tempted to pick it up, but I can wait a few more months (for 2-discs, that is)!
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

There is no option for just "like it", but I'm not sure I "love it". Mind you, it looks suitably festive.

Although I have the LE release, this is probably my #1 most anticipated title of 2006. As such, it could have a plate of fish fingers on the cover and I'd still be buying this one. :)
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

My first instinct was "wow"......

I am sticking to that.... Very nice cover.....

Looking forward to this release. Hopefully we will get a gift set.
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

Love it! Can't wait to see a bigger picture!

Hope one is released soon as there's no insert in the UK Lady and the Tramp DVD, not even a chapter title list! The trailer is on there though and I loved that!
Swiss
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Swiss »

Wow! The cover is beautifully done! Artistic and aesthetically pleasing. :D
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we see that same cover layout for Mermaid about 2 months ago ona Japanese calendar?
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Where can I find it, let me see please!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

ichabod wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we see that same cover layout for Mermaid about 2 months ago ona Japanese calendar?
Yes, I believe we did, though it was too hard to thoroughly make out.

Anyway, I like the cover art at the top with Ariel looking out over the sea, but the bottom half really needs altering, as it just looks a bit messy. I would have prefered Triton out of the image, and Sebastian and Flounder shoved in one corner and Ursula thrown in another. Anyway, it's what's on the discs that matters, so I won't be too nerdy.

By the way, for the lazy ones, here's the cover...

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/coverart.html#oct
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

:jawdrop: WOW! That cover is spectacular! I love it! I can't wait to get a bigger picture! The way everyone is positioned is perfect (With the tiny exception of Ursula being to close to Flounder and Sebastion). The characters seem to look perfect. And yes, I would remove Sebastion's conducting stick, but I could live with it in there. Awesome cover! Love it!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

I LOVE it! My favourite movie is getting some proper treatment! Boy am I happy!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

It's really great, just what I wanted to see!!! :shock: :o :jawdrop: :up: :nemo:
advance
Limited Issue

Post by advance »

I like it, especially that hey made it nic that every one on the bottom of the cover is under water and the upper sice of the cover is above water.
Well I hope we in europe will get this cover too. And not a completely diferent one like with Bambi.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

advance wrote:I like it, especially that hey made it nic that every one on the bottom of the cover is under water and the upper sice of the cover is above water.
Well I hope we in europe will get this cover too. And not a completely diferent one like with Bambi.
Believe me, the european release of Bambi is much more beautiful and glamorous, especially the logo. I think the US release cover is cheap and poor.
advance
Limited Issue

Post by advance »

Oh i did like the european version of bambi better, but What I mean is that I hope they won't come with a completely different cover.
PaulAtreides

Post by PaulAtreides »

Too kiddish. It seems aimed towards kids. I think they should have used a more adult style, sort of like the french Beauty and the Beast or Pocahontas. Mature, simple, beautiful.

There's too much on this. Simplicity works best.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I love it, love it, love it! Sigh.....I can breathe a collective sigh of relief now. I'm a DVD-cover snob. Although deep inside I know it's the content of the discs that really matter, I also have a deep "impulse-buy" issue going on for covers that are eye-pleasing.

In fact, I passed up buying Flightplan entirely because I didn't like the cover.

Thanks for giving us the preview! I've been waiting.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! IVE BEEN WAITING SOOOOO LONG TO SEE THIS!!!! TLM is my FAVORITE movie EVER!!! I just have 1 complaint about the cover.... ERIC ISNT ON IT!! Eric should definately be on the cover... and poor Scuttle too, lol. (maybe he can be flying over Ariel) But its still a pretty long time before they release it so maybe theyll change a couple of things.