2006 Disney Catalogue DVDs (with film descriptions)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DDMAN26 »

Wow Dr. Syn was ranked 38th on Amazon's list.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I count at least a dozen that I will be buying for sure and 5-10 more that I am strongly leaning towards.

I definitely want: Dr. Syn, Son of Flubber, Shaggy Dog, 3 Lives of Thomasina, Candleshoe, Freaky Friday, Gnome-Mobile, Darby O'Gill, Flight of the Navigator, Ugly Dachshund, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Watcher in the Woods.

I'm also leaning towards the Dexter/Medfield comedies & several others. Of course everything hinges on OAR & quality of transfer (NO Blackbeard's Ghost types).

Wish Pres. Clinton did an introduction to every dvd. I'd love to see him speak (being the greatest president of my lifetime going back to Eisenhower).
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

I noticed something really odd.

20,000 Leagues was down as low as $13 US on Amazon, so I immediately snatched it up, and tacked it on to an order I had already placed.

However, when I combined it, it went back up to $25. I clicked the link to go to the item description, sure enough it was $13. So I wound up ordering it separately, and got it for the lower price.

Very strange, indeed. Does anyone know any reason why Amazon would offer the lower price, but not if you combine it with another order?
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Joshua Clinard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Joshua Clinard »

I just sent this e-mail to [email protected] I'll let you know if I get a reply.

I'm very excited that so many of my favorite classic catalog titles are
being released on DVD this year. I have been anxiously awaiting many of
these titles for years. The ones that I am most eager to own are Flight of
the Navigator and The Gnome Mobile. Those are two of my childhood
favorites. I would definitely buy each and every one of the titles listed
below, but only if they are released in their original theatrical aspect
ratio. That means WIDESCREEN for most of these titles. Please do these
titles justice and release them with digitally remastered 16x9 Enhanced
WIDESCREEN transfers where possible.

The Gnome Mobile
Son of Flubber
Now You See Him, Now You Don't
Flight of the Navigator
The Ugly Daschund
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
The Shaggy Dog
The Shaggy DA
Herbie Rides Again
Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo
Herbie Goes Bananas
The One and Only, Genuine Original Family Band

Please grant my wish!
Joshua Clinard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Joshua Clinard »

I never got a reply from Disney. They did read it though, because I got a read receipt in my e-mail program. At least we know Flight of the Navigator will be widescreen.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

:) Thanks for the descriptions, Luke! I think I may get One...Family Band, but is the Oliver Twist a movie or a musical?
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

The Oliver Twist movie is a straight forward adaptation of the book, so it's not a musical. I remember it being pretty good, though.
mickeymack

The One and One Genuine, Original Family Band

Post by mickeymack »

I would love to get that film that I don't have is The One and Only Genuine, One Family Band because I want to get that plus Napoleon & Samantha, The North Aveune Irregulars, Freaky Friday, The Gnome-Mobile and The Cat from Outer Space because these Disney Videos that I don't have yet when I get all of them on Disney DVD. The One and Only Genuine, Original Family Band is a story of an american family in the year 1888 that the family called the Bowen Family and it's a disney musical so people can get it on Disney DVD and I would like to get that film! :mickeyface: :donald: :goofy:
I'm a fan of Disney Movies that I love back in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's from Disney Animated Films to Disney Live Action Movies that I love!
mvealf
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The One and One Genuine, Original Family Band

Post by mvealf »

mickeymack wrote:I would love to get that film that I don't have is The One and Only Genuine, One Family Band because I want to get that plus Napoleon & Samantha, The North Aveune Irregulars, Freaky Friday, The Gnome-Mobile and The Cat from Outer Space because these Disney Videos that I don't have yet when I get all of them on Disney DVD.
What? :o
Visit the home of my Disney Japanese laserdiscs
http://www.geocities.com/disney_laserdiscs
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Bumping this for today's big release date, which brings 12 new Disney DVDs. Seven of our reviews are already up, and we'll have the other five up hopefully by the end of this week.
mickeymack

The North Avenue Irregulars

Post by mickeymack »

The North Avenue Irregulars is a Disney Film about a group of women are going to find clues when there's crime to stop them but these women are crime frighters to help them save the town and the church preacher so does anyone seen that film The North Avenue Irregulars from 1979 because I don't have the tape so I can get it on Disney DVD so I can watch that movie at home !
I'm a fan of Disney Movies that I love back in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's from Disney Animated Films to Disney Live Action Movies that I love!
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

North Avenue Irregulars

Post by Disney Guru »

Hey Mickeymack 8)

First of all I want to welcome you to the forum this is a great Forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here at the UltimateDisney.com/forum. Now down to the Serious Stuff. Why on your One and Only Genuine Family Band post were you asking people that bought this to copy one and sent it to you or however you put it ? Do you know that is bootleging DVD'S and that is illegal ?
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Chicky Mouse
Limited Issue

Re: North Avenue Irregulars

Post by Chicky Mouse »

Disney Guru wrote:Hey Mickeymack 8)

First of all I want to welcome you to the forum this is a great Forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here at the UltimateDisney.com/forum. Now down to the Serious Stuff. Why on your One and Only Genuine Family Band post were you asking people that bought this to copy one and sent it to you or however you put it ? Do you know that is bootleging DVD'S and that is illegal ?
It appears that Mickeymack is about 8 years old, based on his posts. So far, he has not typed even 1 correct sentence. Even his signature doesn't make sense.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I'm not sure what this mickeymack's story is, but I'm going to merge the threads with the Upcoming Catalogue thread.
mickeymack

The Cat from Outer Space

Post by mickeymack »

The Cat from Outer Space is an out of this world comedy about an extraterrestrial cat named Jake so does anyone gonna get that movie on DVD because I would love to see that film!
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

I picked it up yesterday at Target for $14.99. Now, I haven't seen it in years, but when I was a kid I found it very amusing.
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Cat From Outer Space

Post by Disney Guru »

I am still waiting for my DVD of that + 4 of the other July 6th Releases to coome in the mail from when I bought them on amazon.com I hope they get here fast I can't wait to relive the magic.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I'll get it eventually. I always associate this one and That Darn Cat with each other (for obvious reasons), and I loved both when I was little. I barely remember it, as it's been years since I've seen it, but I'm sure I'll eventually pick it up.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

I just viewed The Cat From Outer Space last week. Essentially, I agree with Luke's review on this one.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

I was just wondering...

For some of the catalogue titles cover art, it looks like black and white pictures that were colorzied. The color scheme they use in some are very bright and electric or Easter egg colors. I'm just wondering why did they decide to go with this look? Anyone else notcie it or is it just me?
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>