UK Disney Fables 3 and 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

UK Disney Fables 3 and 4

Post by 2099net »

Release date: 11/08/2003. No other details as of yet - like the last two, I suspect these won't be worth buying.

http://www.choicesdirect.co.uk/template ... uid=659843
http://www.choicesdirect.co.uk/template ... uid=659844
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
damien

Post by damien »

The Tortoise And The Hare, Toby Tortoise Returns, The Golden Touch, The Pied Piper, Old King Cole et King Neptune for vol 3

and
donald in mathmagicland ant ben and me for vol 4
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Thanks for the info Damien.
Something else I wont buy now :D
I don't know what is going on with these Fables sets.
It sounds like the UK/Australia were going to get the Treasures sets at one point (as we had a May 7 release date in Oz that got dropped). Australia also had the same date for the Fables sets.
But that got dropped too.
Sounds like if we ever get them here, both Australia and the UK are getting very weak versions of Treasures sets. And I mean VERY weak.
Hope to see the Treasures sets released here, or a mass market (i.e. non-tinned) version of the Treasures somewhere in the world.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Trojan Mouse

Post by Trojan Mouse »

damien wrote:The Tortoise And The Hare, Toby Tortoise Returns, The Golden Touch, The Pied Piper, Old King Cole et King Neptune for vol 3

and
donald in mathmagicland ant ben and me for vol 4
Donald in Mathmagic Land and Ben & Me are currently slated for the 4th volume of the Treasures set for next year. Accordingly, you will not be able to get these in R1 until November of 2004.
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

I've not bought it yet, but I'm still considering getting Vol 2 and Vol 3 isn't a bad list.
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

what is on the first two volumes?

Post by Papa Bear »

I'm sure someone may have already said this but what is on the first two sets of of the fables?
Loomis
Signature Collection

Re: what is on the first two volumes?

Post by Loomis »

Papa Bear wrote:I'm sure someone may have already said this but what is on the first two sets of of the fables?
Volume 1 contains The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow & The Prince And The Pauper.

Volume 2 contains The Ugly Duckling (1931), Little Hiawatha (1937), Wynken, Blynken And Nod (1938), Merbabies (1938) and The Old Mill (1937).

Volume 2 looks OK, but nothing special while at least half of volume one is available on the Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad DVD.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Volume 2 looks OK, but nothing special while at least half of volume one is available on the Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad DVD.
And the other half available on the "Countdown to Christmas" DVD which Disney released only a few months before the "Disney Fables" release! Incidently, "Wynken, Blynken and Nod" is also on the "Countdown to Christmas" release - and that's on the other "Disney Fables" volume released at the same time!

Yes, "The Prince and the Pauper" is available intact with opening and closing credits on the "Countdown to Christmas" DVD - as is "The Small One". However, the "Prince and the Pauper" may be cropped to 4:3 format (some of the opening titles are uncomfortably close to the edge of the screen - I do not know the original aspect ratio of this cartoon).
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Thanks for the tips 2099.
I was considering picking up the 'Countdown to Christmas' DVD, as it is the only collection of shorts that seems to be available here in Oz (we still have no sign of those Fables discs...).
It isn't very expensive here, so I may as well pick it up and get Ichabod separately. The latter is considered a 'classic' after all...