Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams DVD

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Is it wrong that the trailer actually excited me!

I have to say that In my eyes this is far preferable to making sequels and if Disney want to make these short tales with classic characters, it is not as bad as making as sequel and therefore will have less of a damaging effect upon the brand if sub par.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Thank you for the updates DisneyVillian!!!
ichabod wrote:Is it wrong that the trailer actually excited me!

I have to say that In my eyes this is far preferable to making sequels and if Disney want to make these short tales with classic characters, it is not as bad as making as sequel and therefore will have less of a damaging effect upon the brand if sub par.
Don't be ashamed, I was excited too! But I definitely agree, ichabod. Especially with the "package" sequels, this format is much better (and probably will be met with much more enthusiasm and acceptance) for continuing stories of classic characters. I just hope that doesn't give them the idea to reuse the Cinderella and Belle stories....hmmm, will they use the Atlantis stories? I haven't seen the sequel yet, but are there any stories in which Kida has a significant role. She is afterall a true royal and deserves to be a Disney Princess.

Anyhow, the trailer was nice, but for some reason, it was choppy and was like looking at a series of screencaps. The audio worked fine though. I could tell that Tress MacNeille (Daisy Duck, Mrs. Pickles, Dot, and a whole bunch of others) was Merryweather and Russi Taylor (Minnie Mouse) was Fauna. Aurora sounded a lot like Jennifer Hale (Cinderella in the sequel), though I wish they looked for a closer match to Mary Costa. All in all, though the storyline sounds quite familiar, lol, this new short and format seems very promising.

The only thing that irks me was the overuse of "little girls." Yes, I am a male college freshman, but we remember and love the Disney princesses too. :P
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Kram Nebuer wrote:I haven't seen the sequel yet, but are there any stories in which Kida has a significant role. She is afterall a true royal and deserves to be a Disney Princess.
I absolutely agree! And I find her story really interesting, ans she's so different from the others, with the tatoo and white hair and big blue eyes and that crystal...oh, she's great!!! I think that in Atlantis 2 she's got a significant especially in the third story, where she's trapped by Northen God Odin, cause he thinks Kida is his daughter, the Valkyrie Brunhilde- I think the Vicking costume fits her perfectly.
But if Kida was to be in the Princess Fairy Tales, I'd like them to create new stories for her before she met Milo and the crew, searching alone for her past and having adventures in places in Atlantis that we don't know. And I would like to see her with new costumes and more soft lines in the animation, more princess-like.
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

CAN'T WAIT!

Post by Disney Live On »

I just saw the trailer yesterday and since then every chance I get I've been watching it. :) To see Aurora alive again makes me so happy. I've been waiting for her to come back, but I'm happy they didn't go as far as to make a Sleeping Beauty II.

Now to my college freshmen friend, don't worry, your not the only male excited about this. My friend Kathleen had to calm me down after I heard about this- I was jumping out of my skin. :lol:

So don't worry, although I am also annoyed they referenced litte girls so much in the trailer, I think it's perfectly fine for guys to be excited about this new set of stories too.

I mean come on we grew up with the Princesses as well, so we have just as much right as the girls to get excited! :D
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

I too jumped for joy :D when I heard this news I had to tell everyone lol. I hate that it says "Little girls...". I also agree that Kida should be included in the new Princess line. I love Kida she is one of my favorite Princesses. I hope Disney will include her. Also I have been searching everywhere for more info, and when I find it I will post it.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Disney Villain wrote: I love Kida she is one of my favorite Princesses. I hope Disney will include her. Also I have been searching everywhere for more info, and when I find it I will post it.
Well done for the good job, you were the first to inform us about it. As for the "abandoned" Princesses-that's how I use to call them- except for Kida I would also like to see Megara among those stories, there's so much stuff that someone could use to create a new Meg's story. And Esmeralda of course, since she didn't deserve the bad treatment she got in "HOND 2", she's so much more beautiful and clever.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Aladdin from Agrabah wrote:
Disney Villain wrote: I love Kida she is one of my favorite Princesses. I hope Disney will include her. Also I have been searching everywhere for more info, and when I find it I will post it.
Well done for the good job, you were the first to inform us about it. As for the "abandoned" Princesses-that's how I use to call them- except for Kida I would also like to see Megara among those stories, there's so much stuff that someone could use to create a new Meg's story. And Esmeralda of course, since she didn't deserve the bad treatment she got in "HOND 2", she's so much more beautiful and clever.
Thanks for the kind words. I agree with you Kida should be a Disney Princess she was born royalty unlike some other princesses. Disney can write her a song and put her on this new Princess Line. It is a real shame that Disney forgets about her. Kida deserves to be in the Disney Princess Line. Esmeralda, and Megara would also be PERFECT for this new series they are strong heroines, who deserve more.
psifreek27
Gold Classic Collection

Post by psifreek27 »

For the other Male's excited...I hear ya.

The overuse of "little girls" was :x but in general...seeing new Aurora animation was :o .

And was i the only person who got super excited that pocahontas was there? I freaking love her. The very thought of getting to hear judy kuhn doing new pocahontas songs!! or lea solanga doing jasmine/mulan...

This set looks very promising...now if they could just jump on the ball..and release 2 fairy tale volumes at once every 4 months. :lol: :D
"I love school...to bad classes get in the way"-zack morris...the master of scams
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I'm not a big Disney Princess fan. Whatever it comes out on DVD sometime next year, I will not buy it. I will stay away from the Princess DVD's and try something else besides that one. Maybe some Disney movies that are not Princesses.
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

Hmm...for some reason when I go to the disney princess website and click on the princess fairytales section, the window with the trailer pops up and it just says "trailer coming soon"
slyslayer3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by slyslayer3000 »

Aurora looks good in her pink dress, considering the fact that she wore the blue dress most of the time in Disney's Sleeping Beauty. But I think I will not buy this one. I'll just rent it. :D
BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

Yeah I went to the websites and the trailer is down and it says now it's coming in 2007! :(
BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

was there a delay?
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Princess Fairy Tales set for 2007 since once upon a time...

Post by Disney Duster »

BATBFan1 wrote:was there a delay?
If you had read this entire thread, you would have known that Disney Princess Fairy Tales was set to come out in 2007 for a long time. I thought it was set for 2007 from the very beginning.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Disney Duster and BATBFan1 I thought that the DVD's were coming out in 2007 too but in the inserts for Disney Princess Sing-A-Long songs Volume 3 the DVD's were said to be released September 2006. I think that the Princess website is outdated, I also think that Disney removed the trailer from the website because they are making new publicity material for the DVD's as the release date grows closer.

Here is a scan of the insert for Disney Princess Sing-A-Long songs Volume 3:

Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

So it's THIS September?? Great news!! A big change, I mean it's a whole year closer! Thanks for the scan!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Featuring an all-new Sleeping Beauty story? Won't that be a bit boring?
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
BATBfan1
Terminated

Re: Princess Fairy Tales set for 2007 since once upon a time

Post by BATBfan1 »

Disney Duster wrote:
BATBFan1 wrote:was there a delay?
If you had read this entire thread, you would have known that Disney Princess Fairy Tales was set to come out in 2007 for a long time. I thought it was set for 2007 from the very beginning.
I did read the whole thread, I don't think you have though lol.

Like everyone said the trailer said in Sept. 2006 not 2007.

That's why I asked if it was delayed or not. :roll:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Princess Fairy Tales set for 2007 since once upon a time

Post by Disney Duster »

BATBFan1 wrote:I did read the whole thread, I don't think you have though lol.

Like everyone said the trailer said in Sept. 2006 not 2007.

That's why I asked if it was delayed or not. :roll:
Well, I swear I thought it said 2007 even in the trailer, but now that the trailer's down I don't know. I guess I was wrong. I just wasn't surprised when it said 2007, so I thought it always was.

Anyway, UltimateDisney's Direct-to-Video and Upcoming DVD Release Schedule pages say the release is set for September 5, 2006. So I have no idea what's going on.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I'm pretty sure it was always intended to be 2006. Why the heck would they be trailing some hodge-podge DTV curiosity over 12 months before it's release?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database