Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams DVD

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Very interesting pairings, DK!

I'm thinking Belle has probably just been post-poned for Volume II and hoping that the Jasmine story was already in production for Volume II. Wishful thinking? We'll see.

Very interesting development. Thanks for posting, DV.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Thanks for the news Disney Villain! It's a huge surprise, too!
Disneykid wrote:Wow, huge news, indeed. I wonder what exactly happened. The Belle segment seemed to be almost completely finished based on how much final animation they showed us.
Maybe they're going to reanimate the Beast's face since he looks totally off model. On the bright side, this gives them more time to make more episodes/segments in the meantime so there won't be a lot of time between each DVD release.

I sure do hope Mulan and Pocahontas get more stories. Even though they're not royalty, they fit the definition of the Disney "princess" role-model. Maybe the series will be a big hit and they'll reach out to more Disney heroines like Wendy, Alice, Esmerelda, and all the rest. Maybe Eilonwy will be given new life? Hahaha, who am I kidding...

Lol, it's comforting to me that this thread is being watched by other college age males like myself. :)
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

hmmm that's interesting. I don't really mind that much, but I'm a bigger fan of Belle than Jasmine... so I was looking forward to her story! :P

This is a random note.... but does anyone think they might release a few new princess dolls along with this DVD (and Cinderella III)?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

This is very weird news indeed! My conclusion is, that unfortunatley Jerry Orchabac (sp?), the voice of Lumiere, died recently. And judging by the high standard of quality in the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales, it has been in production for some time, and Jerry may have died during production, and therefore, they had to change his voice? This then results in Belle being pushed back, and Jamsine coming forward?

This is a guess, but does seem pretty plausable to me.

I love the poster though! But, they have still been releasing the old trailer everywhere, so I wonder when we will get a new one?
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Yay! Jasmine! I always liked her better than Belle. That means...oh my God...new ALADDIN animation......... :o :o :o Agrabah returns! I think I'm gonna faint...
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I'm hoping against hope that Disney didn't just toss in an episode of Aladdin at the last minute for the Jasmine feature.

I could see them doing it.

I'm really excited about this release though, I watched Sleeping Beauty the other night and thought about all the fun storylines they could come up with Aurora living in the forest during those sixteen years.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

TheNikki wrote: I'm really excited about this release though, I watched Sleeping Beauty the other night and thought about all the fun storylines they could come up with Aurora living in the forest during those sixteen years.
Fun though that plotline might be, its actually taking place after the movie! (As seen in the trailer) !!
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

Awww that sucks, I was hoping for stuff before the kiss.

Well if they ever decide, they could do wonders with tales of her in the forest with the faires.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

I can't wait!!!!!!

Jasmine and Aurora!!!!!! YAY!!!!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

OMG!
Why did they drop Belle's story like that?!?!?!?!
That really ticks me off!
Belle and Aurora go together better!
This really stinks. :x :cry:
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Matt wrote:OMG!
Why did they drop Belle's story like that?!?!?!?!
That really ticks me off!
Belle and Aurora go together better!
This really stinks. :x :cry:
Don't worry! I think Belle's story will be in volume 2.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The official site still hasnt been updated; its still saying that its a Belle and Aurora story featured on Volume One, not Aurora and Jasmine.

Hmmmmmm.....

But the Disney website is getting a make over soon, so maybe it will be changed then.
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

It will certainly be interesting to find out the reasons behind the switch up.

I'm just hoping the wait in between the first release and it's sequels are not as long as we've waited for this one.
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

I also found this incredible of the Disney company but then I paused to think. The only source we have that says the DVD is different is ONE magazine!!! as opposed to hundreds of adds on Disney DVDs and the website. I doubt Disney are that dumb to change at the last minute. Note that the magazine poster has no indecation of volume. I think the push back was due to the fact that they want Volumes 1 and 2 to come out close together and so they are going to start cross promotionalizing them soon. With all the hype about Belle's story it would be rediculous to change now. Let's bide our time. If only one sources has confirmed this we shouldn't go jumping to conclusions that Belle's out and Jasmine is in. Like I said the two volumes could be coming out together or really close together so maybe thats why both Princesses are displayed on that poster. You know Disney... anyway to get qucik cash (let's release them together and get the money in twice as fast... :lol: )
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Disney Live On wrote:I also found this incredible of the Disney company but then I paused to think. The only source we have that says the DVD is different is ONE magazine!!! as opposed to hundreds of adds on Disney DVDs and the website. I doubt Disney are that dumb to change at the last minute. Note that the magazine poster has no indecation of volume. I think the push back was due to the fact that they want Volumes 1 and 2 to come out close together and so they are going to start cross promotionalizing them soon. With all the hype about Belle's story it would be rediculous to change now. Let's bide our time. If only one sources has confirmed this we shouldn't go jumping to conclusions that Belle's out and Jasmine is in. Like I said the two volumes could be coming out together or really close together so maybe thats why both Princesses are displayed on that poster. You know Disney... anyway to get qucik cash (let's release them together and get the money in twice as fast... :lol: )
I was starting to think that as well; the only proof we have is that poster, when there are the trailers and the website that say differently.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I don't mind the change that much. Wonder who will voice the Genie? If he even in there that is.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Any word on the switch yet? :?
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Super Aurora wrote:I don't mind the change that much. Wonder who will voice the Genie? If he even in there that is.
More than likely Dan Castellaneta, who voiced him in The Return of Jafar, in the TV series, and in various other media like video games.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disneykid wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:I don't mind the change that much. Wonder who will voice the Genie? If he even in there that is.
More than likely Dan Castellaneta, who voiced him in The Return of Jafar, in the TV series, and in various other media like video games.
kinda funny how Robbie William decided to voice in 3rd movie but no where else.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

He had that massive fall-out with Disney, remember?