Walt Disney Treasures re-releases

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Walt Disney Treasures re-releases

Post by stewie15 »

Please pardon my ignorance i am am after all a newbie and i don't have time to go through 3000 posts that cam up when i searched for it. But does anyone know the re-release schedule for the Walt Disney Treasures line. I have now started to collect the and don't want to pay 100 for a good copy of the complete goofy.
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

Unfortunately, there is no "official" re-release schedule for the Treasures, and no guarantee that the Treasures will ever be re-released in their Treasures configuration or at all.

However, I'm pretty sure Disney has stated that it was the tins themselves that would be "collectible", implying perhaps that the titles themselves could be re-issued without the tins.

I personally would welcome this myself, because I too am missing some of the earlier wave titles that are now out of print. It would be nice if they would reissue at least the early OOP ones, because those early waves came out when DVD was less mainstream, and a lot of fans missed out on things like the Mickey and Goofy sets, and the first Silly Symphonies, whereas the Plutos and Donalds are a lot easier to find (I even see Ch Donald Vol 1 for sale as a new release, from time to time)
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

David S. wrote:However, I'm pretty sure Disney has stated that it was the tins themselves that would be "collectible", implying perhaps that the titles themselves could be re-issued without the tins.
Yes.

Disney stated (and I can't remember where, though I know I read it on UD and it came from official sources) that only the tins are limited collectibles, but the content (the DVDs) can be re-issued.

And they proved that already with the CostCo boxset from 2003. Of course, we haven't seen a subsequent boxset since though I wouldn't mind another "Ultimate Treasure Chest" boxset that collects all 8 waves together. I'd certainly shell over $$$ for a 48-disc boxset, especially if they fix the less-than-pleasing transfers for some of the Chrono Donald V2 and Disney Rarities, along with the unedited versions of "Clock Cleaners" and "The Three Little Pigs".

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stewie15 »

Thanks alot for your help guys. I guess i will have to buy the complete goofy off amazon. :x :(
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

You mean from "sellers", then? Well, if you are going to pay 100 or so for a previously-owned DVD/DVD set I'd say The Complete Goofy is a good choice!