Disney Buys Pixar

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

So Disney owns Pixar AND Apple?

Wow this truely is a great day for any Disney fan. John Lasseter is sure to help Disney Feature Animation. Oh and adviser for attractions? AWESOME!

While yes Netty, Jobs really isn't a nice guy, he is a great buissness man which is what Disney can really use.
Last edited by Timon/Pumbaa fan on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

AwallaceUNC wrote:Come on, Paka. You know you want to announce it too. ;)

-Aaron
I did. Damn you people! :P
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:So Disney owns Pixar AND Apple?
No... Disney owns Pixar, but they don't own Apple. Disney and Apple are just planning on working on some things together, just like Disney and McDonald's have.

I love the wording of the announcement on the front page... really illustrates the significance of this.

Deathie, thanks for the heads-up on that interview. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm probably a little too excited by all this.

-Aaron
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

Conference call to begin shortly:

http://corporate.disney.go.com/investor ... tions.html

There's to also be an mp3 available tomorrow on this site for those who miss it.
My Blog

- Paul
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Time will only tell whether this is a positive or negative thing for Pixar.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

If Lasseter (originally a traditional animator) is in charge of all Disney animation, I think it's safe to assume traditional animation will return to Disney. This is the best possible outcome ever.

I've said the moment Iger became CEO he'd do everything in his power to return Disney to greatness. Not because he missed 2d like the fans or whatever, but because people like Iger have incredibly BIG egos... who wouldn't wanna go down in history as the man who saved Disney (again)?? his thoughts exactly...
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

AwallaceUNC wrote: No... Disney owns Pixar, but they don't own Apple. Disney and Apple are just planning on working on some things together, just like Disney and McDonald's have.
Okay thank you Aaron. I didn't think they did, I was just wanting to make sure because it would seem hard to believe Jobs would sell Apple.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

PatrickvD wrote: I've said the moment Iger became CEO he'd do everything in his power to return Disney to greatness. Not because he missed 2d like the fans or whatever, but because people like Iger have incredibly BIG egos... who wouldn't wanna go down in history as the man who saved Disney (again)?? his thoughts exactly...
fortunatelly for us that would bring the 2D back, let`s just hope that these ones be as good as the second golden era ones
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

Now they know how many jobs it takes to fill the screeeen,
I love to
turrnn
youuu
oonnnnnnn
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Disney has had up and down periods throughout its whole history. People now seem to think the most recent "down" period is the only one that ever happened. I don't know if they ever had more than four enormous hits in a row.
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

disney team up pixar

Post by JEANYLASER »

8) i think that disney/pixar did the right thing to team up and make more money and the sequel of the incrediblesII.
JEANY SANCHEZ
MouseHouse55
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MouseHouse55 »

Just thought I'd add in...I've been listening to the live conference call, and typing random bits of info as I hear it. Steve Jobs just said that he and Bob Iger have an idea of the sequels to Pixar films they want to make, but will not release the titles at this time. Interesting thoughts for the future, and it doesn't necessarily mean anything already stated about Toy Story 3 means anything. Iger said that Pixar will be in charge of any of their sequels, without the Disney's current animation at all. Pixar's next line of films through the end of the decade has been decided on, but will not be released for some time. Disney's announced animated films will stay on schedule for now, but that the later ones have potential to change as Pixar vs. Disney scheduling continues. Jobs said that John Lasseter will report directly to Iger and not Jobs himself, and that John will be spending a substantial amount of his time with the theme parks (Wonders of Life at EPCOT?). I'll continue if anything big comes up.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Yay! Fantastic news! I'm very happy! I see great things in the future of Disney! I just hope (as does every single other on these boards) that 2D will make a triumphant return. I just wish Disney would realize that it wasn't because Home on the Range was 2D that it flopped, it was because it got mixed to bad reviews, didn't have very good marketing, and just wasn't a very interesting story. But, now the future of Disney looks very bright.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I've been so excited about this, all day. Trust me, this is a positive move for BOTH Disney and Pixar. They know it, or they wouldn't have made the deal.

Pixar isn't going to risk their reputation, if they do not believe in Disney, and vice versa.
KlarkKent007

Post by KlarkKent007 »

Finally: Disney culture returns to Disney. Walt and Roy would be so proud :)
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

It's great that Disney and Pixar finally made a agreement to stay together forever!!!!

Maybe not forever but for a long time. :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

I have this weird feeling we're going to see a great period in Disney again. With Pixar's creative success, and Disney's financial abilities, what could go wrong?
Awesome news!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

disney is sooooooooooo gonna make a comeback! it will be a beautiful thing for sure! this has to be one of the greatest things to ever happen in disney history. Pixar will deffinately bring back the magic that has been drifting away from disney films the past few year. I also think that 2D traditional style will make a come back. i can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next few years!

P.S. YAY FOR MY 300TH POST!!!! lol
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

MadonnasManOne wrote:I've been so excited about this, all day. Trust me, this is a positive move for BOTH Disney and Pixar. They know it, or they wouldn't have made the deal.

Pixar isn't going to risk their reputation, if they do not believe in Disney, and vice versa.
I never looked at it that way. I guess maybe this is a good move after all. Maybe I just overlooked it and thought Jobs was selling Pixar then leaving, but anyone who is anyone would know not to totally leave such a great company.
Last edited by magicalwands on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

There is at least one good thing about this merger a big 2D hater David Stainton is out! :thumb: