The Incredibles, one of the best DVD's of 2005.

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

The Incredibles, one of the best DVD's of 2005.

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I was just reading DVDActive.com's Top 10 DVD's of 2005, and they have listed The Incredibles at #5. Here is what they say:

Pixar are now six for six in their filmic undertakings. They have scored six major blockbusters, all of which have become equally critically acclaimed and successful. The Incredibles is their latest, and perhaps greatest – no easy feat, but it might just be true. Some have even said that this film could be the greatest animated film of all time, or at the very least, one of the top three. I find myself having to agree with this statement. For me, The Incredibles is a true masterpiece and cinematic classic. It has a great, well-told and thoroughly witty story; it has a superb cast of characters, and is fit for both adults and kids. Oh, and this was the biggest selling DVD of the year according to recent analyst reports. The disc was partly responsible for this popularity, offering fans numerous features and an ultra-wide anamorphic transfer that looks great on any setup. If you don’t own a copy of this film, what are you waiting for? This is one of the must own DVDs of all time, not just of this year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say, I agree! You can see the entire list at this link:

http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/arti ... -2005.html
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I just discovered that they have actually listed their lists, individually.

Here are the different links.

Matt Joseph lists The Incredibles at #1:

1) The Incredibles

Oh come on now, don’t act so surprised, Frozone. Disney and Pixar’s The Incredibles was one of last year’s best films, let alone the best Pixar has created to date, and Buena Vista Home Entertainment’s DVD is an absolute blast in and of itself. The video and audio on the disc are as perfect as anything you’ll ever put into your DVD player, and the included special features are from top to bottom as informative about the making of this wonderful movie as they are just plain fun—heck, I’ll even go as far as to say that The Incredibles is the best first issue DVD set that any company has ever produced. I could reap all of the praise in the world on the set, but ultimately the best thing that can be said about it is that I don’t mind the six year-old repeatedly putting it into the player to watch over and over again, nor can I blame him…I’ve caught myself doing the exact same thing on more than one occasion.

Chris Gould lists The Incredibles at #9, but does say that his list is in no particular order.

If Sin City and Batman Begins are good examples of successful live-action comic book movies, The Incredibles is definitely the best animated superhero adventure of the year. Managing to out-fantastic the Fantastic Four, this dysfunctional family featured in one of the more enjoyable films of 2004 and certainly one of the most jam-packed DVDs of this year. You’d be hard pushed to find a more appealing audio-visual transfer, but it is the abundance of bonus material that really sets this one apart from the run-of-the-mill ‘Special Editions’ that seem to crop up every week (and really aren’t deserving of the ‘special’ tag). If you want hours of commentaries, short films, featurettes, documentaries, outtakes and deleted scenes, then this is the set for you.

Some of these are referring to different regions, but it just goes to show, The Incredibles was, well, Incredible! :D
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

The Incredibles is an amazing films, and deserved nothing short of an amazing release. It's nice to see others acknowledging this. :)
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker