Old Disney Records

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyPrincess
Gold Classic Collection

Old Disney Records

Post by DisneyPrincess »

I don't know if anyone is interested, but there is a great website that has old records to download. They have many old Disney records to download, and they are fun to listen to. It takes me back to my days of listening to books on record on my minature record player!

http://www.kiddierecords.com/2005/index.htm

They have stories on record of Disney movies like:

Story of Robin Hood
Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Rip Van Winkle and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow (yes with bing Crosby!)
Rob Roy

and others!
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

Wow! Great website! :o

Good find on it, DisneyPrincess. :)
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

DisneyPrincess wrote:I don't know if anyone is interested, but there is a great website that has old records to download. They have many old Disney records to download, and they are fun to listen to. It takes me back to my days of listening to books on record on my minature record player!

http://www.kiddierecords.com/2005/index.htm
Thanks DisneyPrincess for the link. Those early Disney records are from the original vintage 78 RPM records. I used to own 78's but not anymore. 78's was long before the 45 RPM records was introduced in the early 50's as well as the 33 1/3 RPM Long Playing record. These records are from the pre-Disneyland record era. There were other labels where the Disney soundtrack records were made like RCA, Columbia, Capitol and others except Good Time Jazz was the label for a Disney band called the Firehouse Five Plus Two with Ward Kimball leading the band. In 1956, after many of the labels were there on the scene, a veteran arranger and conductor Tutti Camarata came in to join Walt Disney to helped launched a record label called Disneyland Records in which Camarata became a co-founder for his own label.

He made 200 albums throughout his years at Disneyland from 1956 until the 1970's. They released numerous LP's including soundtracks from "Snow White", "Cinderella", "Pinocchio", "Bambi" to a batch of storyteller LP's which it comes with a full-color 24-page booklet (the re-release was edited to 11 pages) with lots of pictures and illustrations from classic Disney animation. Sadly, he died back in April of 2005. He was named a Disney legend in 2003. I think it is great idea that next year will be 50 years since Disney started a record label known as Disneyland. The label is still renamed Walt Disney Records and it continues through this day.

I have lots of records in my collection so be prepared for my next Disney album discovery. Stay tuned.
tarheelblue23

Post by tarheelblue23 »

Can these be recorded to a CD after they are downloaded?
DisneyPrincess
Gold Classic Collection

Disney Records

Post by DisneyPrincess »

Yes, they can be burned onto a cd. The steps in getting it to cd depends on your CD Burner program capabilities. I use Nero, and I don't have to switch the MP3's to WAV's before burning it to cd, the program automatically does it. When you have the MP3's you want, just insert the MP3's into your burning program list and you will be able to burn them onto a cd just like you would music. Keep in mind that you won't be able to get as many records on a cd as you can music, because some of the records are longer than a 3-4 minute song. I hope that helps. Be sure and respond back if you need any other help.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Records

Post by musicradio77 »

DisneyPrincess wrote:Yes, they can be burned onto a cd. The steps in getting it to cd depends on your CD Burner program capabilities. I use Nero, and I don't have to switch the MP3's to WAV's before burning it to cd, the program automatically does it. When you have the MP3's you want, just insert the MP3's into your burning program list and you will be able to burn them onto a cd just like you would music. Keep in mind that you won't be able to get as many records on a cd as you can music, because some of the records are longer than a 3-4 minute song. I hope that helps. Be sure and respond back if you need any other help.
I have both Nero and iTunes. iTunes is used to add more songs to my iPod except the stories from Kiddie Records Weekly site was originally done on 78 RPM records should be use for my iPod. Good idea.