Title change to Bambi sequel?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

WHAT!??! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just Bambi II and country music?

This movie will not be remembered as the best sequel but as the worst! :evil:

Maybe they got the exelent art work but they´ll not have the great music!
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Bambi II and country music? *chokes and dies*
maxeythecat
Limited Issue

Post by maxeythecat »

The more news I hear about this the worse I feel about it. "Diz Down Under" may've finally gotten their chops together( great example, "Stitch has a Glitch") but for them to monkey about with the legacy of such a masterpiece and "update it for a new and hip generation" is nothing short of ridiculous. Unless they were given complete creative control with an unlimited financial budget-yeah, like THAT'S ever gonna happen- there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth that this "film" is ever gonna be anything else but a flagrant slap in the face to the art of animation and an insult to the memory of Walt and his Nine Old Men. Martina McBride? Hey, why not Ozzy Osbourne? Or how about P.Diddy? I'm sure you'll get some REEEAAL quality music from them as well! How about having Thumper, Flower and Faline start up a line dance with Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart" while you're at it? That'll be sure to make it "contemporary" enough for the 21st Century! No? Okay, let's keep trying to make Lindsey Lohan a *coughchokechoke* a "pop tart" oops! I mean pop star and have her sing a few numbers written by some 2$ an hour mindless hack and produced by a battalion of "producers" fiddling about on their million dollar digital soundboards to hide the fact that she can sing about as well as my chihuahua can howl ( and not very loudly, I might add)??
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I can't believe the close-mindedness of the majority of the posters on this thread. It seems like every small nugget of information 'leaked' about this (and other new) Disney film results in panicked cries of "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!" (apologies to Chicken Little).

First the title change news - this is hardly official and as has been pointed out is most likely a form of short-hand used by Disney themselves when identifying the sequel - as they did, and continue to do so with Lilo and Stitch 2. Despite that release retaining its subtitle "Stitch has a Glitch". Going further back, we can see numerous references to The Lion King 2 (and the Lion King II) in many of Disney's press releases for the "year of the Lion King", but it still retained it's subtitle "Simba's Pride".

Until cover art is shown, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

But what is annoying me the most is people's reaction that Martina McBride and Alison Krauss are to provide some form of music for the film. Apparently this means the music, therefore, has to have a strong "county feel" to it. Honestly, I've never heard such rubbish. Most musical artists, like most actors can perform in a number of genres.

I suppose, being as Adam Sandler is in Punch Drunk Love, it means the films a crude, lightweight comedy, aimed as satisfying only teenage males. Or The Truman Show is a quick fire comedy featuring Jim Carrey pulling funny faces and putting on silly voices throughout? An Steve Martin was hilarious in The Spanish Prisoner. What a wild and crazy guy he is!

As for singers in Disney films, how do we even know what the two will be singing? Perhaps they will simply sing a duet over the closing credits, or simply a couple of 'pop' versions of songs performed in a more appropriate manner during the actual film.

As for unlikely singers, you can look back at Disney history and shudder at how some of these must have sounded at the time: Billy Joel in Oliver and Company, 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder on Mulan, Phil Collins on Tarzan/Brother Bear or John Rzeznik on Treasure Planet. Obviously those music choices instantly trashed the entire movies they were in. :roll:

The same is true for actors in well-loved Disney films. How could Mary Poppins be such a classic when it starred Julie Andrews, who only months earlier had shocked broadway with the racy The Boyfriend? She then immediately followed Mary Poppins with a role in the still contraversial The Americanization of Emily and then appeared in Hitchcock's thriller Torn Curtain. Can you imagine it if Mary Poppins was made after these films and what a fuss it could of caused with people prejudging her performance and deeming her "unsuitable"?

Typecasting, of roles, performances or even entire projects is just people showing their lack of attention or even respect to the performers/creators before they have been given the chance to prove otherwise.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

2099net, I agree with you. I don't speak for everyone, but I was joking around. I will still buy this movie, pretty much blindly, as the previews so far look pretty good. A name change and music isn't turning me off from the movie at all, I just roll my eyes at the name change and the music...well, it can't be worse then Barney. ;)
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Oh yeah, I'm still gonna buy it even if it does suck, just because curiosity has gotton the best of me. However, as they always say curiosity killed the cat but I don't think it will kill me. :roll
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Besides, its fun to poke fun at Disney's lack in imagination skills when it comes to these sequals. Just when you think it sounds perfect, they add a II at the end, which makes no sense, since it happens in the middle of the film. Like Belle's Enchanted Christmas. They didn't go to Beauty and the Beast II, like they did with Tarzan II. Tarzan and Jane would have been a more appropriate II.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

2099net wrote: As for unlikely singers, you can look back at Disney history and shudder at how some of these must have sounded at the time: Billy Joel in Oliver and Company, 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder on Mulan, Phil Collins on Tarzan/Brother Bear or John Rzeznik on Treasure Planet. Obviously those music choices instantly trashed the entire movies they were in. :roll:
Yeah but you can't compare the 2 Netty.

Those movies were current movies so current singers wouldn't hurt those movies that much.

But this is a sequel to a movie made in the 40's. To have the music in Bambi and then have a sequel with totally different style seems weird.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote: Yeah but you can't compare the 2 Netty.

Those movies were current movies so current singers wouldn't hurt those movies that much.

But this is a sequel to a movie made in the 40's. To have the music in Bambi and then have a sequel with totally different style seems weird.
How do you know its a totally different style? You haven't heard it/them yet! For all we know, McBride and Krauss could be singing songs with a 40's feel to them. Just like people can make period films, or degrade film stock to give it a period feel, musicians can write new songs with a period feel. Or like I say, they could just be singing a 'pop' version of the song over the end credits.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

Yes. I for one will be picking up the DVD no matter of the name or music because I personally enjoyed Bambi 1.
Wants Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ ... Banner.jpg
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

well, I´m renting it first

I have never make a blind buy with sequels ,and even when it´s Bambi,this will not be an exception
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

YUCK :P ! Bambi 2?!?!
GhostHost
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GhostHost »

how about:
Bambi 2-Eisner loves money
or Bambi 2- Walt is rolling over in his grave once again
Wlecome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion.
I am your host, your ghost host
Is this haunted room actally stretching or is it just your imagination?
Beware of Hitchiking Ghosts
-The Haunted Mansion(DL and MK)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Walt can´t roll on his grave, was incinerated isn´t?
:lol:
Or maybe is rolling on his ice tumb
purkitty

Post by purkitty »

Raydawggie wrote:Bad, Bad, Bad.

Plus, I hate midquels. I don't know why, but to me they seem even more pointless than regular sequels.
Will Disney make a Bambi 3 ?????
Zoltack wrote: Country Music!!!? They need to ask the Red Hot Chili Peppers to do a song, that would rock!!! Totally!!! How about some Megadeath???

Oh Yeah BABBY That's what they need 8)
If I did not have my Disney Collection of Movies!!!!! My kids would drive me Crazy!
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

purkitty wrote:
Raydawggie wrote:Bad, Bad, Bad.
Plus, I hate midquels. I don't know why, but to me they seem even more pointless than regular sequels.
Will Disney make a Bambi 3 ?????
They'll probably make a Bambi 100: So Very Tired. :D
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

A good choice for music, IMO would have been Enya or Loreena McKennen(sp?) Both have earthy sounding voices and music. They could have done the movie a lot of justice. Perhaps do as good as Love is a Song and Little April Showers...maybe better... :o . But that's just my opinion. ;)
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Siren wrote:A good choice for music, IMO would have been Enya or Loreena McKennen(sp?) Both have earthy sounding voices and music. They could have done the movie a lot of justice. Perhaps do as good as Love is a Song and Little April Showers...maybe better... :o . But that's just my opinion. ;)
Hey music was really important in the original movie and it's still gonna be for this new movie. Which, is why they need the Red Hot Chili Peppers do a song. Or how about Rage Against the Machine or Snoop Dog. Hell, if they do that you can be 100% sure I'll buy the new movie. :D
Oh wait! Wait! I got it how about they incorperate C&C Music Factory's- Everybody Dance Now. Yeahhhhh!!!
Everybody Dance Now!!!!!! :lol:
purkitty

Post by purkitty »

They'll probably make a Bambi 100: So Very Tired. :D
rotfl
If I did not have my Disney Collection of Movies!!!!! My kids would drive me Crazy!
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Zoltack wrote:
Siren wrote:A good choice for music, IMO would have been Enya or Loreena McKennen(sp?) Both have earthy sounding voices and music. They could have done the movie a lot of justice. Perhaps do as good as Love is a Song and Little April Showers...maybe better... :o . But that's just my opinion. ;)
Hey music was really important in the original movie and it's still gonna be for this new movie. Which, is why they need the Red Hot Chili Peppers do a song. Or how about Rage Against the Machine or Snoop Dog. Hell, if they do that you can be 100% sure I'll buy the new movie. :D
Oh wait! Wait! I got it how about they incorperate C&C Music Factory's- Everybody Dance Now. Yeahhhhh!!!
Everybody Dance Now!!!!!! :lol:
Oh my... :lol:
well, I think is more possible to hear Ramstein than any other group on a Bambi movie

just imagine it...