Once Upon a Mattress - DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I watched it tonight and found it really cute. It all was rather hokey (especially the claustrophobic sets), but they were consciously aware of that, so it worked. Carol Burnett almost completely stole the show, though Tracy really held her own and was a good counterpoint. I was disappointed that Zooey wasn't given much to do, though we did get to hear more of her great voice. The music for some reason didn't come across as very memorable to me. It was pleasant enough while watching, but I'm seriously having trouble now conjuring up one of the tunes in my head. This is more of a problem with the source material than the movie, really, so this really shouldn't be considered a criticism. I would rank this higher than Wonderful World of Disney's Annie and about the same as their Cinderella (Cinderella gets a slight edge for a better musical score, though). I'll probably pick up the DVD when I go on my annual post-Christmas DVD blowout. The low retail price plus my expected gift cards help make this an easy purchase for me. I wonder, though, if the introduction with Carol Burnett and the girl at Disneyland will be on the DVD. On one hand, I really liked that intro, but it doesn't fit with the rest of the film (there wasn't even a wrap up with them). It's probably best left excluded, but I'd still like to see it again.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Whatever Disneyland intro there was is nowhere to be found on the DVD, unfortunately. Anyway, this review is super-late, but better late than never, right?

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/onceuponamattress.html
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Since the Disney version never got a CD does anyone know where I could find an MP3 of "That Baby of Mine"?