Walt Disney Treasures Wave 5 DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Douglas Fir wrote:
Lars Vermundsberget wrote:If I had any "say", I'd recommend that these few shorts be repeated on the second and final Silly Symphonies Treasure.
Definately won't happen - earlier this year I asked Leonard Maltin if there was any chance the proper uncut version of the Three Little Pigs (which was released in Region 2) would be included in Silly Symphonies Vol. 2 (as a Bonus Feature or maybe, ironically, as an Easter Egg!)... the answer was a flat out "no"! If they're unwilling to revisit shorts they got wrong the first time it's highly unlikely they'll revisit shorts that in their infinite wisdom they decided to hide in an earlier release (even though they listed them in the packaging)! :?
You could turn out to be right. But I happen to think that what I "asked for" would be easier to fulfill than what you asked for. For instance, they apparently had no trouble repeating the DD shorts from the Frontlines volume on the second DD volume.
jebsdad
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Elfego Baca

Post by jebsdad »

Bill W wrote:Thanks for your reply. Whenever you get to it. From some of your other posts that I've read, it seems that you're more interested in the vintage cartoons than the vintage live action. I came across one thread of yours where you detailed out all the animation from about 150 "Disneyland" episodes. That must have taken some work. I assume you had taped those shows off of the Disney Channel back when they had the Vault Disney program.
Still haven't watched the Elfego Baca / Swamp Fox, except I did make time to watch the extras on all the Wave 5 sets. I've sent you a PM reply with detailed information that I didn't feel forum members in general would be interested in reading. I expect to watch that DVD set this coming weekend.
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

Wave 5 Disney Treasures are on sale at <a href="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bf ... buy.com</a> for $19.99 each. Just a little heads up for the people who still haven't picked these up yet.
bmadigan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bmadigan »

Little Red Henski wrote:Wave 5 Disney Treasures are on sale at <a href="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bf ... buy.com</a> for $19.99 each. Just a little heads up for the people who still haven't picked these up yet.
I was in Barnes and Noble last night. They wanted #39.99 there for the Treasures. Why anyone would buy CDs or DVDs there is beyond me.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Well I finally bought the Rarities Treasure and checked out a couple of the shrots

While I DO admit, the transfers were far from perfect and some scenes especially annoyed me(the ending from "Ben and Me" for example) I still think this is a very good treasure and I'm just glad to have it on DVD!
Douglas Fir

Post by Douglas Fir »

I finally got around to looing at Disc 2 of the Rarities set and during Leonard Maltin's introduction he mentions the stop-motion animation used on Noah's Ark and then says something about checking out a clip about the making of The Parent Trap credits to see how stop-motion animation works... trouble is that content is nowhere to be found?

I mean I know how stop-motion animation works so my life isn't over but I just find it odd that Leonard is mentioning something that sounds like it should be an extra feature that isn't on the DVD! :roll:
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Douglas Fir wrote:I finally got around to looing at Disc 2 of the Rarities set and during Leonard Maltin's introduction he mentions the stop-motion animation used on Noah's Ark and then says something about checking out a clip about the making of The Parent Trap credits to see how stop-motion animation works... trouble is that content is nowhere to be found?
Well Leonard never implies that this feature is actually included on the disc, he just suggest that by watching this segment it gives greater insight. It is not the only occassion on the Treasures where Leonard nods to pieces not contained within the disc but are available elsewhere.

The piece in question is available on DVD, check here > http://www.ultimatedisney.com/parent.html
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

Yeah that seems strange to refer you to something that is not there but it sounds more to me like he's saying, "hey, go pick up the Parent Trap and check this out..."

I still hven't opened the tins yet; I've been swamped with work and no time to watch DVDS :cry:
Pluto Region1, Disney fan in training
Douglas Fir

Post by Douglas Fir »

Pluto Region1 wrote:Yeah that seems strange to refer you to something that is not there but it sounds more to me like he's saying, "hey, go pick up the Parent Trap and check this out..."

I still hven't opened the tins yet; I've been swamped with work and no time to watch DVDS :cry:
If that's the case it comes across more like "So you want to know more about the stop-animation process... well you'd have been better off buying The Parent Trap because there's no featurettes on this disc"! ;)